Day two Excavation / Transit
1. We will learn the difference between a transit and a lazer.
2. We will learn how to set up a transit and a lazer in less than one minute.
3. We will check the elevation of the sewer and determine how deep we can dig before the sewer line runs up hill.
1. Explain the difference between a transit and a lazer.
2. What is the change in elevation for our sidewalk from the east corner to the west corner?
3. What is the minimum slope for the driveway in 30 feet?
4. What type of excavator can you hire? Which is best for what condition?
5. What is spoil as it relates to excavation?
6. When soil is moved, it fluffs 10%. To find out how much that will be, you multiply the length by the width by the depth of the hole to be excavated and then divide by 27 for cubic yards. Then be sure to add 10% for the fluff and this gives the cubic yards we will be moving for our excavation. How many yards will that be? Show your work.
7. When surveying, if you are reading six foot one inch on corner A, and six foot six inches on corner B. What is the change in elevation between corner A and corner B? Which corner has the higher elevation?