1. What does an edger look like?
2. What does a striking tool look like?
3. What is the difference between a float and a trowel?
4. What does a gandi look like?
5. What is the difference between a bull float and a fresno?
6. What happens if you step in wet concrete accidentally ?
7. How do you know if lumber is treated?
8. What is OSB?
9. Identify the following lumber defects: Crown, Cup, Twist, and Bow.
10. If lumber is bad, can it be traced back to the mill that cut it?
11. What is a header joist?
12. What is a rim board?
13. What is the nailing pattern for joists?
14. What is the nailing pattern for underlayment?
16. What OC does the inspector call out for our joists.
17. What is a sill plate?
18. What is sill sealer?
19. What size washers are required for foundation bolts?
20. Are all TJI's the same?
21. All floor underlayment should have their seams lined up.
22. What did we do to keep the floor from squeaking?
23 What is the moisture content in wood?
24. Is it safe to burn treated lumber?
25. How do you recognize engineered lumber?
26. Where is the optimum place to cut a six inch hole in a TJI?
27. Where do you use 16d nails on the floor framing?
28. When do you use 8d nails on the floor framing?
29. Explain the difference between platform and balloon framing.
30. Identify the parts of a floor truss such as: Joist, Subfoor, Stud, Sole plate, Sill, Sill sealer, Joist header.